Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hot Fudge Sauce



Great hot fudge recipe my wife got from a lady in Louisiana name Opal Martin.  Great for sundaes, banana splits and almost anything you’d like to put warm hot chocolate fudge on.  It only takes about 5 minutes to make.  This recipe is why I keep a supply of cocoa in the pantry at all times (this and the chocolate skillet cake recipe). I like more of a milk chocolate fudge myself and sometimes add a few tablespoons of evaporated milk when I make it.  Either way is terrific. Saved me many a trip to the grocery store when the missus gets a craving for a hot fudge Sunday.  I keep the leftover sauce in the fridge in some little fruit jars I keep for leftover fudge sauce, sweet and sour sauce, homemade tartar sauce or homemade pimento cheese.You can reheat the sauce for a few seconds in the microwave. It's just lovely stuff.

Ingredients:

  •   1 cup sugar
  •   1/3 cup cocoa
  •   3 tbsp flour
  •   1/3 tsp vanilla
  •      ¼ tsp salt
  •     1 cup boiling water
  •     1 tbsp margarine

Directions: 
 
1.     Mix dry ingredients together in a saucepan
2.     Add boiling water while stirring
3.     Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
4.     Store in covered jar in the refrigerator

Makes 1½  cups.

 Stores nicely in a mandarin orange fruit jar - just sayin'


(c) 2013 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment