Sunday, June 01, 2014

Resetting "HowdyaDewit!"

I've been buried with work since Christmas and realized I haven't posted anything since then. I had a disk crash on me December 26. I worked for days trying to restore it and was able to recover the pdf versions of my old greeting card files through September, but lost everything after that. I have PDFs stored online for everything, but my original PageMaker files weren't recoverable by any of the commercial file recovery software I could find. I got back Word files, jpegs, videos and mp3 files, but that's about it.

I'm now set up to backup even my SD cards in two different places at least weekly on my drives and to a cloud server so I never want to happen again. Since December I've ghost-written a couple of dozen books and haven't had the time to restart the greeting card series. So, in a bit I plan to reorganize the site so things are easier to find. Then I'm going to restart and finish the greeting card series and finish with a whole pile of DIY entries that have been languishing in my files for quite a while.

I'll be back soon with a bunch of new do-it-yourself pieces including how to assemble a Squared-Eel homemade banjo kit. Very cool.

© 2014 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment