- Cold water
- 2 household sprayer bottles
- High quality ice scraper
- Warm gloves
- Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Mix ½ cup rubbing alcohol with 4-5 drops of dishwashing detergent. Pout the solution into one of the sprayers and mark it.
- Mix 3 cups vinegar and 1 cup cold water
- Put on your warm clothes and gloves and grab your ice scraper and bottles of solution.
- Spray the ice over the windows and mirrors with the alcohol/dishwashing liquid solution and let it sit 5 minutes.
- The ice should lift off the glass. You may have to break it loose from the frame of the windshield or the metal edges around the mirrors with the ice scraper.
- If the ice is very thick, you may have to repeat spraying the ice with the alcohol/dishwashing liquid solution a time or two to get the ice to release.
- Once all the mirrors and windows are clear, spray with the vinegar/water solution to clear away the soapy residue and you’re done. Make sure and clear the entire window for you own safety and so you won’t get stopped by the cops.
|This is NOT the fun way to remove ice. It's hard |
on your hands and your windows.
Especially don’t use antifreeze on your windows. It tastes sweet to animals and is highly poisonous. Spill some on the ground and you can accidentally kill your neighbor’s pets.