Click here to download your greeting card.
There are nine basic types of human intelligence (there used to be seven, but apparently some people felt left out so they added a couple of gimmes). and all of us have a few types at which we're above average and some that are at average levels and some types of intelligence that we really suck at. Einstein was a genius mathematician whose social skills were so poor he had to have help to dress himself and who married his cousin in order to get that help. Verbal and Math skills are the only two skills the standard IQ test measures there are others. The nine types of intelligence are:
1. Verbal skills - Writing, poetry, reading, analysis, research
- 2. Mathematics - Physics, accounting, teaching algebra.
- 3. Body/Kinesthetic skills - (understanding of how to manipulate objects and use physical skills to movement in 3 dimensional space) Basketball players, marksmen and gymnasts
- 4. Musical Intelligence - Singers, musicians, composers
- 5. Interpersonal Intelligence - (understanding social interaction) Diplomats, counselors, speakers, comedians
- 6. Spatial Intelligence - (the ability to think in three dimensions) Graphic artists, sailors, pilots,
sculptors, painters, and architects
- 7. Intra-Personal Intelligence - (the capacity to understand oneself and one’s thoughts and
feelings) Psychologists, spiritual leaders, and politicians
- Here's where they used to stop, but there were two groups who consider themselves highly intelligent and extremely important. They have apparently been successful got these two types of intelligence added along the way:
- 8. Naturalist Intelligence - (the ability to discriminate among living things and "sensitivity to other features of the natural world (clouds, rock configurations) Farmers, botanists, eco-warriors, environmentalists and television nature documentary filmmakers.
- You've got to love this one it includes not only the hunter-gatherers of the ancient past, but this intelligence also helps us choose the best car, sneakers, kinds of makeup and fashion. So knowing whether to buy White Diamonds or E'sprit or whatever the latest trendy perfume happens to be is a type of intelligence?
- 9. Existential Intelligence - (the sensitivity and capacity to tackle deep questions about human existence, such as the meaning of life, why do we die, and how did we get here). At last a place for philosophers, gurus and other such layabouts.
- So today is the day to embrace
those quirky abilities and show them off to everyone else! In the meantime, send your sweetie a "Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day" card to let her know you think she was smart for picking you. Just click on the
caption below the picture of the multi-talented individual above. Remember, instead of printing from Google Docs, click
on "File" in the upper left corner, then select "Download" and copy the
file to your own computer. Open it with Adobe PDF Reader or whatever
PDF reader you use and print the card from there. For some reason Google
Docs doesn't handle fonts well, even though they are supposed to be
embedded in the PDF document itself.
This is a top fold card, so when it prints, be sure to tell your printer it's in "portrait" format so you get the whole file. Flip it on the short side to print double-sided. This also flips the inside upside down from the outside when you print in portrait mode, so that, when you fold it over, the inside comes out right side up. If you're confused, I encourage you to give it a try with a practice sheet.
© 2013 by Tom King